Date Posted: 9/9/2021 9:43:52 PM
Location: Bloomington, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $28 - $34
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Facilities Technician
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Bloomington, MN)
Salary: $28 – 34/hour, plus OT (shift contains 8 hrs of built in OT every 2 weeks; this adds on 4.5% to your annual pay without having to work extra time, plus Shift Differential for off shifts (10% differential for B-Shift and 15% differential for D-Shift).
Expected First Year Comp (before additional OT) = $67k – 93.5k (additional OT available)
Shift: 12-hour shift (6pm – 6am) on a 3-4 weekly shift schedule (where you will work 3 days one week and 4 days the next).
Position Description: In this position, you will perform preventative and corrective maintenance, installation and commissioning, and new projects on building equipment and support systems within this modern and high speed semiconductor manufacturing facility. Specific responsibilities include:
• Maintain critical building support systems.
• Maintain environmental control system maintenance: (MAU/AHU/RTU, hot water and low pressure steam boilers).
• Maintain exhaust fan maintenance: (Fume Scrubbers, General Exhaust Fans).
• Maintain RO/DI Water Production systems.
• Work on bulk chemical distribution and acid waste neutralization systems.
• Write and improve facilities procedures.
• Able to document work using electronic pass down and memo logs.
• Assist Facilities Engineers and Principle Technicians with project planning and execution.
Requirements: Looking for experienced and competent technicians with strong electronic and mechanical troubleshooting abilities, preferably Navy Nuke MMs, Navy Nuke EMs, Navy Nuke ETs, and other military technicians with 2+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry.
Specifically, candidates must possess:
• 2 or more years of experience in equipment maintenance and/or site facilities including HVAC
• Electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting / problem solving ability
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and one-line drawings
• Highly motivated, fast learner who can achieve positive results in a team atmosphere
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with industrial scale electrical distribution, HVAC systems, bulk chemical distribution and/or building automation would be a plus
• Proven equipment troubleshooting / problem solving ability
• Class C Boiler license
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• High attention to detail.
• Skills to work independently, under minimal supervision, to find short-term solutions.
• Ability to work independently, proficiency with PC hardware.
• Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent physical requirements, which include manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, able to lift (a minimum of 30 lbs), bend, and reach.
• Excellent customer orientation.
• Ability to analyze a wide variety of equipment, troubleshooting problems, and make appropriate repairs.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with interdepartmental groups.
• Ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to read schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to work and take directions from written and verbal instructions.
• Comfortable in providing training and writing procedures.
• Military candidates highly preferred!
Benefits: Offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site fitness facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more.
Career Growth: Talented individuals are given the opportunity to learn and succeed in a highly technical environment that enables you to make the most of your career. Their equipment technicians are encouraged to be proactive in performing tasks and making improvements. Their culture is about succeeding, ownership, and winning. The organization works with you to maximize your potential and achieve all of your goals by supplying opportunities to perform all aspects of equipment maintenance and creativity in improvements.