Date Posted: 4/13/2022 12:31:19 PM
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Technical Services Engineer positions with a world leader in the supply of small/medium caliber gun systems that has been at the forefront of naval gunfire control technology for over 100 years.
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Pay: $80,000 salary + OT
Travel Schedule: 40-50%
Training: Initially, you will travel to the UK once, maybe twice, for 3-4 weeks of training
Benefits Standard benefit package to include health insurance, PTO, 401k w/ match, Dental / Vision insurance, parental leave
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be joining a newly established and growing US defense business where you will be responsible for first rate installation, repair, service, and training on the full range of the company’s Naval Weapons Systems manufactured and provided by the company to the US Navy. In this role, you would be working at Rock Hill or on-site at customer locations. After completion of product training in the UK, you will use your electromechanical skills to meet new and challenging situations whilst interacting with Customers, end users, ship builders, contractors, and project teams. Initially you will also provide technical advice and support to the Supply Chain Manager during the development of the US supply chain. What you will do as a Technical Services Engineer
• Work initially as the sole member of the Technical Services team but also required to work and communicate with senior management and other departments such as manufacturing and supply chain as the company grows.
• Be based in Rock Hill with travel to customer sites both in the US and rest of the World, unsocial working hours may be required from time to time.
• Work within a strict time, budgetary, and quality framework
• Be prepared to travel to the UK for training on an as-needed basis.
• Be prepared to support the Supply Chain Manager with technical advice and visits to potential suppliers in the US.
• Carry out Installation, survey, repair, service and training of Naval Gunnery Systems.
• Carry out testing to ensure accurate fault diagnosis.
• Produce complete, accurate, and timely reports.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, whilst delivering high standards of work and customer service.
• Responsible for raising MRBs and closing down test operations on the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• Ability to conduct customer witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) in a professional manner.
• Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification.
• Support a customer help desk.
• Any other such duties that may be reasonably compatible with the nature and scope of the role.
• Be eligible for a Department of Defense security clearance.
• Experience in Naval gun systems, cannons, and electro-mechanical devices.
• An understanding of Project Management.
• A willingness to learn, develop, and accept responsibility.
• Equipment installation and setting to work skills.
• Experience of training end users on the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Making recommendations and modifications for product development.
• Strong decision making and leadership skills.