Date Posted: 10/31/2022 4:01:51 PM
Location: Vista, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $33 - $38
Stationary Engineer /(Boiler/chiller technician) is responsible for the operation, maintenance, renovation and repair of boiler systems and all other mechanical - HVAC-R systems in a facility. Troubleshoot and repair all pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC-R utility systems that provide support to production equipment and building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform repairs and preventative maintenance for heating/cooling systems such as hydronic boilers, steam boilers, chillers, air compressors and cooling towers.
• Test and treat chiller/boiler feed water using specified chemicals
. • Repair and maintenance a wide range of hot water and steam systems specifically strong working knowledge on hydronic and steam boilers (both flame and water tube systems), but not limited to electric water heaters, tankless systems, gas water heaters, and point of use systems.
• Maintains and repairs water distributions systems such as water filters, softeners, piping and pumps
. • Install single and multi-phase electrical circuits (conduit bending, wire pulling) repairs and/or replaces transformers, relays, capacitors, motors, contactors, and general electrical components.
• Familiar with a wide range of HVAC-Systems such as Chillers, cooling towers, RTU’s, split units, DX package units, walk- in coolers, heat pumps, furnaces, exhaust fans, economizers, and ice machines
. • Repairs and maintenance compressed air and natural gas systems including all distribution lines, valves, and control devices.
• Work independently to perform preventative maintenance following written schedules and procedures.
• supervision, documentation and/ or specifications may be ambiguous.
• Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues, while minimizing downtime. Effectively communicate requirements and status to production leads.
• Troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
• Ability to use scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks and articulating boom lift
• Assist in maintaining and identifying spare parts inventory for common repair supplies, equipment components and parts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong working knowledge in steam and hot water systems.
• Ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g., wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
• Ability to use common HVAC tools such as gauges, recovery equipment, leak detection devices
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills on equipment such as HVAC and other mechanical
• Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
• Ability to use computer and Microsoft programs – Outlook, word, Excel
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve problems and use hand and power tools.
• Able to work well on a team.
• Works with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
• Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; work quickly, accurately, and independently
• Anticipate needs and solve problems.
• Able to be flexible, adaptable, and work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in a related field Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
• Universal EPA Certification And combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position
• Must have reliable transportation and possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license including proof of personal vehicle insurance coverage and insurability under the Company’s insurance carrier standards.
Location: Vista, CA
• Reports to Jonathan Carbajal – Facilities Manager
• Internal Job Description (Boiler/ Chiller Technician)
• Non-exempt position
• Work hours – 8:40 AM to 5:00 PM
• Hourly rate range - $33/hour to $38/hour
• New position adding to the facilities team
• Job location – Vista, CA
• Current team – 13 persons
• Must have EPA license – CFC
• Facility has 1,000 square feet – 125,000 Building A, 45,000 Building B and 65,000 Building C
• Work one Sunday a month overtime