Date Posted: 6/26/2020 11:02:59 AM
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $20 - $25
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician position.
Position Details: Manufacturing Maintenance Technician I
Location: Charleston, SC
Salary: $20-23/hr with $2.25 shift differential
Shift: 2nd shift (3 PM – 11:30 PM) or 3rd Shift (11 PM – 7:30 AM)
Benefits: Very competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Strong 401K match and profit sharing.
The Manufacturing Technician I is accountable for results in a fast-paced environment and assists with the manufacturing of drug products (parenteral or solid dosage) for commercial distribution and clinical trials. The Manufacturing Technician I assists with the operation of manufacturing processing equipment by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch records in accordance with regulatory agencies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). The Manufacturing Technician I employs acceptable techniques while working in manufacturing environments, including PPE gowning. The Manufacturing Technician I works collaboratively to support other manufacturing areas as required. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the company’s core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies for the role.
• Follows applicable SOPs and cGMPs to perform assigned duties and tasks.
• Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
• Assists with applicable manufacturing techniques and technologies per SOPs and cGMPs.
• Assists with manufacturing technologies and operation of manufacturing and material handling equipment.
• Documents activities in real time on controlled documentation and legibly, per SOPs and cGMPs.
• Performs in-process testing, weight checks, component counting and basic math calculations.
• Performs cleaning of rooms, tools and equipment.
• Assists with other manufacturing areas as required.
Manufacturing Technologies for Sterile Liquids:
• Equipment and component preparation and sterilization
• Aseptic filling
Manufacturing Technologies for Solid Oral Dosage:
• High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
• cGMP or prior work experience in a regulated environment preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
• Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability required.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed written instructions required.
• Ability to move materials throughout the facility using appropriate methods and equipment required.
• Proficiency in basic computing skills required.