Date Posted: 11/21/2022 1:15:31 PM
Location: Victor, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Technical Solutions Specialist positions with a global supplier of finishing solutions to the print and mailing businesses.
Location: Victor, NY
As a Technical Solutions Specialist, you will provide world-class technical support, service training, and on-site support to strategic OEM partners and dealers. You will also provide pre-sales technical support to test customer applications and demonstrate products to prospective clients. Responsibilities will include:
• Field Escalation Phone Support/Software reporting system to our customers field engineers - able to apply logical troubleshooting, superior product knowledge, and strong customer management skills to resolve the root cause of problems under potentially stressful situations for both existing and newly launched products.
• On-site support to our dealers and partners for installations and technical escalations not resolved through phone support. Providing both strong technical skills as well as high levels of professionalism as we also represent our dealers and partners as well as the company. Cover company, Morgana, and Intec production finishing inline/offline solutions, mailing systems, and packaging equipment.
• Curriculum Development and scheduling. Collaborate on the development of; and own of delivery of best-in-class technical product service training to our customers trainers, technical specialists, and service technicians The ability to deliver and develop training curriculum for partner and dealer technical support personnel as well as for end-user operator training needs. Development of supporting training materials and supporting class schedules as well, along w/ the long-term tracking of all student’s development and class completion records
• Provide Feedback on process, training and product issues assuring the root cause of issues is understood; track closed loop corrective resolution of all issues assigned.
• Pre-Sales Technical support answering customer questions on applications and specifications to properly set customer expectations and ensure new installations meet requirements across a growing array of production finishing, mailing, and packaging equipment.
• Product Demonstration to prospective clients either live at our Customer Support Center or through remote methods (recorded or live / streaming). Demonstrating superior product knowledge and communication & presentation skills to articulate product strengths, and more importantly properly set customer expectations.
• Review and develop acceptable proficiency in all assigned Service Documentation/manuals to improve troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustment procedures.
• Supporting long-term equipment/product reliability and application development programs within the company’s technical team and specific QC improvement teams that may be assigned from time to time. New application validation services supporting NA customers or company’s R&D research.
• Comfortable working through Software development, version validation, and versioning development in general in conjunction w/ the company’s R&D center and applicable partners or third-party solution developers.
• Strong Technical Background particularly with complex software driven electro-mechanical systems, mechatronics background.
• Technical background in the digital printing or document finishing industry, mailing systems or packaging industry will be helpful. Any exposure to AI applications a plus.
• Prior Military Technical background considered positive in many dimensions.
• Desire to be part of a small, growing business centered on designing and delivering high-tech industry solutions that is committed to provide the best customer satisfaction in our industry.
• Demonstrated experience providing excellent technical training as judged by your students. Ability to deliver training materials to various audiences of different technical sophistication.
• Ability to create training curriculum deploying various media platforms.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer relationship management skills and a demonstrated ability to conduct yourself with the highest levels of professionalism and show sincere customer empathy even in particularly in stressful situations.
• Ability to travel to customer sites in North America to provide On-Site Escalation support, training, or installation support with short notice. Amount of travel will vary but is expected to be between 30% to 50% in peak periods.
• Desire to become North America Product Expert for assigned products to also provide Pre-Sales Technical Support to Sales via customer application qualification, product presentations via customer visits or interactive live streaming.
• Strong Follow-up skills to verify issues are either closed and on a path towards resolution. Some experience with Closed Loop Corrective Action processes and systems.
• Strong Microsoft applications suite skills (Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint) any experience with Service Information Systems helpful, but not required. Any AI language and implementation experience also a plus.
• Ability to support spare parts processing using Company ERP System.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Valid Driver’s license and Passport.