Date Posted: 5/27/2022 12:29:14 AM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent is helping a client to hire a Land Development Superintendent in Houston, TX.
Position Description : Land Development Superintendent
The Land Superintendent, Land Development is responsible for managing land assets from project inception through model opening. This position will provide project management oversight of land development projects in the field. This includes the ability to conduct technical feasibilities, secure necessary entitlements, engineering plans, permits and other governmental or quasi-governmental approvals needed to develop lots and build houses. Will be responsible for bidding and hiring contractors and consultants for all necessary land development and engineering work.
· Perform frequent on-site field inspections and obverse day to day development operations.
· Assist the Land Development Manager with the preparation of cost estimates, budgets and schedules for all projects, and track and manage them, accordingly.
· Create and/or coordinate community opening documents for the Land Department including lot fit exhibits, community kickoff presentations, HOA documents and disclosures.
· Coordinate installation of franchise utilities (electric, gas, phone & cable).
· Prepare and present verbal and/or written updates to upper management as required.
· Participate in project turnover meetings throughout the various stages of the project development cycle.
· Respond to inquiries and requests from company management, internal/external customers, property owners, and government agencies.
· Track, coordinate, attend, and ensure the timely completion of city and county project warranty/turnover inspections.
· Collaborate with Project and District Engineers, Financial Advisors, Attorneys, and Auditors and prepare sales reports and payment support to facilitate timely reimbursement of developer funding.
· Attend, and speak on the behalf of the company (as needed), any necessary, Municipal Utility District meetings in order to facilitate the development processes and timely reimbursement of developer funding.
· Prepare vendor work agreements and facilitate vendor invoice payments.
· Assist the Land Development Manager with overseeing all contractors and vendors to assure completion of all projects on time and within budget.
· Track dry utility designs and distribution, SWPPP compliance, bond acquisition and exoneration, lot release distribution, plat distribution, and HB1 input.
· Prepare monthly budget updates and Land Development Memos.
· Assist in the review in due diligence and planning for new acquisitions.
· Participate in land planning and all phases of entitlement from Land Package, Preliminary Plat, Final Plat, Construction Plans, and Permitting.
· Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed.
· Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Education and Preferred Experience
· Civil Engineering required.
· 1-2 years’ experience in a planning, construction, engineering, or other related real estate development position.
· Prior Residential Homebuilding experience is a plus
· Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical and computer skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good Organizational Skills.