Date Posted: 6/9/2021 3:38:57 PM
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $80,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for System Specialist positions with a national building automation systems (BAS), building management systems (BMS) energy services, and electrical power monitoring system provider.
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: $70K to $80K + OT and company vehicle (with gas card)
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Infrequent weekend work is needed.
As a System Specialist, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of systems under minimal supervision. You will perform point to point check out to verify that controls systems have been installed properly. You will complete assigned system commissioning and perform device verification. You will be required to troubleshoot and resolve HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. You will also properly complete required project documentation and respond to service calls. You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. You must properly complete required project and service documentation. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Perform start up, checking, testing, system diagnostics and commissioning from system-level controllers to end devices for small to medium sized new or retrofit projects.
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance service activities to ensure optimal performance of system.?
• Provide emergency service and response to customer sites as dispatched.
• Perform and execute assigned work efficiently and professionally.?
• Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Meet regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and/or replacement. Promote the sale of add-on work.?
• Train the customer in control systems operations including obtaining customer training form, providing training certificates.
• Complete, compile, and submit job documentation such as commissioning documentation, punch lists, etc. Mark up controls submittals to capture field changes and discrepancies for engineering to create As-Builts.
• Interface with Operations Manager, project manager, or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner. Report problems or changes to management immediately.
• Assist sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads and proposals for retrofits, upgrades, and/or enhancements to existing equipment. May assist with job layouts.
• Complete and submit timely electronic documentation including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
• Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Complete certifications as required by the company.?
• Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems.?
• Vocational School four-year program graduate or an associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning, or similar field.?Military experience / training is a substitute. Degree may be offset by two years of experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems.?
• Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in servicing electronic controls and/or HVAC equipment.
• Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.?
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair and/or replace control components and controls systems. Also, the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, HVAC, and electrical issues as related to the BAS Control system operation.
• Ability to load and update software on network controllers, field controllers, computers, and servers.?
• Understanding complex control systems including diagnosing and troubleshooting networking and integration.
• Ability to write, create, load, test, and commission programming software and graphics utilizing various programming languages and software.?
• Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.?
• Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications.
• Valid driver’s license.