Date Posted: 6/22/2022 11:26:05 PM
Location: Laurinburg, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $90,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Supervisor positions with a world leader in glass products for the building, transportation, and electronics markets.
Location: Laurinburg, NC
Salary: $80K – $90K Base, depending on experience
Shift Details: The positions are typically day shift, M - F, between 7am - 5pm; however, they are a 24-hour operation, so you should expect responsibilities across some nights and weekends occasionally.
Benefits: Our client, in addition to a competitive salary, offers a strong comprehensive benefits package. The company’s corporate benefits plan includes medical and dental, 401k, company-paid basic life and business travel insurance, tuition reimbursement, and both long-term and short-term disability insurance. Most new hires will qualify for a generous relocation plan, to include military candidates with government relocation. Relocation assistance is available for this role.
Career Progression: Our client is a company with many career opportunities for candidates who are ambitious and willing to work hard to learn the business.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
• Direct supervision and planning of departments hourly maintenance employees.
• Together with team members, drive process continuous improvement and drive quality process improvement coordinating corrective actions as necessary.
• Ensure 10 Key Safety Leadership Behaviors, all safety rules, policies, and procedures are met. Maintain a safe working environment.
• Assist in the development of new products or processes or systems. Where necessary, contribute to research and development projects to meet future demands.
• Train team members in SOPs and ensure regular audits for the maintenance of such procedures.
• Assist in the commissioning of new equipment and other systems to ensure that its introduction into the production facility is handled efficiently & with minimum disruption.
• Be indirectly responsible for yield, uptime, & throughput of all production lines.
• Continually improve group’s performance through the planning of maintenance activities. Specify preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment and ensure completion of the activities.
• Investigate & analyze machinery downtime and organize corrective activities to eliminate future recurrence.
• Identify and update spare part inventory to eliminate downtime due to lack of spares.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (not required).
• Company is looking for a Military Veteran maintenance leader with excellent maintenance leadership.
• 3+ years of experience successfully managing hourly maintenance technicians in a high-volume environment.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to interact with a wide variety of people.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize objectives and targets to meet deadlines.
• Strong Mechanical Systems aptitude.
• Strong Industrial Electrical Maintenance backgrounds are preferred.