Date Posted: 9/27/2021 8:04:55 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 6
Required Degree: Bachelors
Salary (USD): $65,000 - $82,000
Orion is partnering with a leading global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of RF and microwave components and integrated assemblies. Headquartered in New York City, the company has locations in over 30 countries. The company's products are used in aerospace, cellular wireless, Mil-Spec, satellite, RFID, CATV/Broadband, test instrumentation and diagnostic imaging applications for industrial, commercial and military customers. The company is focused on quality, innovative design, world-class customer service and long-term stability, and they have become a preferred supplier to over 20,000 worldwide customers.
If you are a problem-solver who seeks constant learning and a fun and challenging environment that recognizes your accomplishments, look no further.
Position Description: New Product Introduction (NPI) Buyer/Planner
Reporting to the NPI Materials Manager, the NPI Buyer/Planner will request supplier quotations and execute purchase orders to support product development requirements. The NPI Buyer/Planner will work closely with Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Supply Chain Planning teams, as well as factories and suppliers to execute all supply chain processes required to support NPI.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: $65K-$82K base salary
Benefits: Comprehensive corporate benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance with HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Holidays and more.
• Participate in regular product development cross-functional team meetings to understand the NPI business objectives and deliver all required supply chain support to achieve them
• Consult with Strategic Sourcing team regularly to execute NPI sourcing requirements
• Influence the product development CFT to design-in materials from our Strategic Suppliers and engage deeply with those suppliers to optimize our product design. Highlight supply planning requirements to the CFT and escalate as needed.
• Proactively communicate NPI schedules and volume forecasts to Supply Planning, Suppliers, and our Factories to plan successful execution to our cost and schedule targets
• Prepare written inquiries or obtain verbal or written quotes for vendor supplied items in compliance with product development requisitions and/or specifications.
• Receive vendor bids, evaluate bids considering price, delivery date, past performance of vendor, etc. to determine successful bidder.
• Negotiate terms and conditions as necessary and place purchase orders. Negotiate and issue purchase change orders.
• Maintain NPI Product BOMs for Supply Planning and Execution (cost and order placement timing)
• Expedite awarded purchase orders when necessary to insure timely delivery.
• Coordinate invoice problems with vendor, managers, and accounting; delivery requirements with vendor and managers; quality requirements with Engineering and Quality, as appropriate.
• Prepare all required documentation for each purchase order.
• Establish/maintain working contact with vendors. Meet with sales and vendor representatives as required.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain, or related technical field
• Professional certifications in supply chain/procurement/contract management desired
• 6+ years’ experience in purchasing and/or supply chain; preferably within an electronics technology environment
• Strong supply chain experience with ERP, E Sourcing platforms, and RFQ tools
• Strong interpersonal skills to interface, coordinate and negotiate with company and supplier personnel
• Cross-functional supply chain experience at the interfaces of engineering/technology, operations, quality, and finance
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Strong self-initiative, attention to detail, and passion for continuous learning
The Bottom Line:
The company is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Supply Chain/Purchasing professionals who will communicate and negotiate effectively with suppliers. You must be a cross-functional team player who will take ownership and help drive new products forward. Beyond experience and talent, you must have the character, integrity and entrepreneurial spirit to anticipate needs/problems and proactively drive solutions.