Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
As the Production Supervisor, you will be accountable to lead the operation and personnel within a rotating shift environment. The Production Supervisor is expected to understand what is necessary for the customer to grow and be successful. The Production Supervisor also manages and oversees all shift operations in a manner that enhances the plant’s safety, engagement, cost, productivity, efficiency, quality, and customer service. Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include:
• Lead operations and 50+ personnel assigned to rotating shift.
• Drive workgroup to proactively achieve zero injuries / safety incidents.
• Resource shift in order to meet production schedules.
• Maximize quality and quantity of product delivered to warehouse to satisfy customer needs.
• Minimize controllable costs.
• Sustain high levels of product quality, with a target of zero quality defects or complaints.
• Communicate expectations and hold team members accountable for delivering exceptional performance results.
• Foster an environment that promotes teamwork and inclusion.
• Maintain plant housekeeping expectations.
Live the Safety Stand; adhere to the safety responsibilities:
• Coordinate all required safety training.
• Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements – including completion of behavior-based safety observations, safety meetings, pre-shift safety inspections, departmental inspections, hearing examinations, etc.
• Educate team members on safe operations.
• Effectively communicate the company’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment.
• Perform reporting and investigation of all safety incidents, driving to root cause and permanent resolution.
Achieve customer satisfaction and quality commitments:
• Understand and communicate customer expectations throughout the Operations Department, and ensure all products meet customer standards and requirements.
• Ensure timely and accurate production to schedules in order to meet or exceed delivery to promise.
• Ensure operational procedures are followed to product specifications, and quality metrics meet customers’ needs.
• Perform root cause analysis with the involvement of operators on all quality issues and resolve.
• Train operators on problem solving skills, and coach through resolution.
Execute Plant’s Continuous Improvement Plan:
• Update and leverage SQDC (Safety / Quality / Delivery / Cost) boards and process on daily basis to keep team members well-educated and well-informed.
• Participate in and lead Kaizen and 5S events in various work areas throughout plant.
• Communicate expectations around continuous improvement with all team members.
• Identify opportunities for improvement and execute actions to deliver improved processes and results.
Lead and develop talent:
• Monitor and enforce all plant and corporate policies and procedures.
• Provide candid feedback on expectations and performance to all members of team on regular basis.
• Actively lead and build effective work teams and committees to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Maintain documentation, track, counsel and execute coaching and corrective action when performance issues occur.
Achieve Plant cost targets:
• Leverage standard work to minimize variation and waste.
• Develop and implement productivity projects / programs to enhance processes.
• Drive waste out of operation.
• Utilize proper resourcing to meet cost targets.
• Gather input from and engage all team members in productivity initiatives.
Interviews for the Production Supervisor position will be held at Orion’s Distinguished Candidate Conference in Philadelphia, PA on April 30 - May 1.
Location: Delmar, NY
Salary: $75K+ depending on qualifications.
Shift Work: Yes- rotating 3 days on (12hr shift days) - 3days off - 3days on (12hr shift nights)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Plans, Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401K with employer match starts after 6 months of employment, Educational Assistance is available to continue job-related education.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required.
• Minimum 5-10 years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or equivalent military experience desired.
• Minimum 3 -5 years leadership/supervisory experience required.
• Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement exposure preferred.
• Experience making high-impact decisions in fast-paced environment.
• Experience utilizing computer programs and Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to travel, as required (0 - 5%).
• Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
• Ability to coach and guide for results.
• Leads through safety and corporate vision.
• Possesses strong process and financial acumen.
• Possesses strong change management skills.
• Ability to effectively drive for results in a union environment.
• Customer focused.
• Grows and mentors talent.
• Demonstrates self-knowledge and takes action to continuously improve.
• Leverages own and others’ strengths.
• Properly utilizes influencing and change leadership skills.
• Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Resolves conflict, as needed.