Position ID: # EB-1300676916
Date Posted: 3/1/2018 4:02:15 PM
Location: Long Island, NY
Job DescriptionPosition Description
As a Field Technician, you will be responsible for scheduled maintenance and emergency services. You will be able to troubleshoot equipment to the defective subassembly and demonstrate your ability to troubleshoot to component level when required. You will establish, promote, and maintain strong rapport with your customers and sales representatives by assuring customer satisfaction through visits and site surveys. You will respond professionally to emergency calls at all times (including holidays and weekends) within specified response times, maintain and monitor parts stock and complete and submit all necessary reporting paperwork in a timely manner. You will schedule and maintain preventative maintenance visits and stay current in all aspects of equipment improvements and new technology.
Location: Long Island, NY
Salary: $55K to $75K + overtime, car allowance, expenses depends on experience
Benefits: Competitive benefit packages. Designed to offer choice and flexibility, the program allows you to customize a benefits package that is just right for you. Comprehensive health coverage for any of their medical, dental, and vision needs and to ensure the coverage is affordable for you and your dependents by sharing the cost of coverage.
• Experience in service and troubleshooting of electrical UPS and battery technologies and electrical knowledge.
• Ideal military ratings: Aviation electrical, Aviation electronics, FireControl techs, Electrician, GSEs, Prime Power, etc.
• Associate’s degree in the electrical field or equivalent military experience preferred.
• Above average troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with proven mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to organize and accomplish multiple jobs and tasks with good attention to detail.
• Must be confident, decisive and self-motivated and able to make independent decisions.
• Flexibility with work schedules to meet the changing needs of customers.
• Ability to travel locally (work) and nationally (training) as necessary.
• Strong computer literacy skills and full understanding of current hardware and software used in the marketplace.
• Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s license and live in or have ties to NYC.
• This will be a physical job. You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and be fit to change out batteries, turn a wrench and work with your hands.