Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
As a Maintenance Technician, you will support Bulk/Diluent, Filling/Inspection, and Packaging operations. The position entails the execution of setup, changeover, repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment used in the production processes in various classified areas up to a Class 100 aseptic environment. It requires the ability to perform mechanical and electronic troubleshooting in order to ensure optimal operation of equipment via OEE. The Maintenance Technician will also perform basic mechanical training to Production or Preparation Operators and serve as a resource to implementation of continuous improvement projects. Essential job functions include:
• Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities for assigned areas as required to maintain a cGMP environment.
• Perform 5S activities and maintain organization of operating areas.
• Perform work requirements in a responsible manner, in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs and established safety procedures in accordance with OSHA requirements and guidelines.
• Be familiar with “Material Safety Data Sheets” for area chemicals.
• Perform batch record and GMP documentation entries. Maintain records and/or logs as required in performance of job responsibilities. This will include mathematical computation where needed.
• Responsible for outgoing quality level.
• Some overtime will be required with prior notice to support business needs. Emergency overtime may be required with little notice to ensure operation of equipment within the PET.
• Work with minimal supervision under the direction of the Technical Manager, Process Facilitator, Engineer, or other activity lead.
• Perform roles of Technician and Mechanical Technician as required to support daily PET activities.
• Complete emergency repair, rebuilding, changeover and inspection work on production and related equipment. Install, inspect, test, adjust, repair and perform line turnarounds, changeovers, and preventative maintenance per established procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complete documentation and required functions in the work order system to close out activities in compliance with cGMPs.
• Use a variety of testing, tools, and measuring equipment in the efficient maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic, environmental monitoring, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical line equipment.
• Set-up equipment and perform required adjustments to ensure each operation is performing per process specifications.
• Provide training to operators for equipment set-up and for minor adjustments or repairs.
• Utilize appropriate Problem Solving and Troubleshooting techniques to complete equipment repairs.
• Responsible for OEE performance of all equipment and systems within the assigned operating area.
• Follow and maintain compliance with established MRO procedures and inventory control.
• Serve as a project resource to PET to assist in the follow up and timely implementation of projects and validation activities.
• Responsible for maintaining Aseptic Processing and Gowning certifications as required to support assigned work areas.
• Perform other similar and related responsibilities as assigned by area management.
Location: West Chester, OH
Salary: $55K–$76K Total First Year Salary; made up of Hourly Base Wage $20–$28/ hour + 10% Target Bonus + Overtime (Built In OT, Shift > 40 hr-week) + 10% Shift Differential - Second Shift ($1.70 – $2/hr)
Travel Requirements: None
Shift Work: Yes (12-Hour, 2nd Shift) on a 2-3-2 schedule; this includes a 3-day weekend every other weekend
Benefits: Our client offers challenging positions with opportunity for personal growth and accomplishment; co-workers who are bright, enthusiastic and talented; competitive compensation and benefits package; two approved products on the market, proven technologies with substantial product applications and a strong product pipeline; and a world-class manufacturing facility. They believe that competitive and comprehensive benefits are an important part of an employee's total compensation. Their benefits package includes Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k) Plan with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible spending accounts for dependent care and medical care, Short-term Disability (100% company paid), Long-term Disability (100% company paid), and Life Insurance (100% company paid).
• Good electro-mechanical or mechanical skills required.
o Previous experience with automated equipment preferred.
o Training in other technical disciplines including; refrigeration technology, vacuum technology, programmable logic controllers, freeze drying, blow-fill seal applications preferred.
o Training in mechanics, hydraulics, electronics and testing equipment in electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting.
o Knowledge of data and materials maintenance systems such as SAP, KRONOS, or other MRP systems.
o Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement systems.
o Knowledge of steam/dry heat sterilization theories.
• Great personality and team skills.
• Team player committed to quality and working effectively with others.
• Motivated self-starter, results oriented, dependable, organized, efficient work traits, disciplined, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand the requirements of and function fully in a clean room environment.
• Ability to follow all applicable SOPs and safety requirements.