Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be expected to:
• Work with outside contractors, engineering and other internal groups related to new equipment installation.
• Serve as the technical expert in one or more areas of the electrical and mechanical fields and resolve complex problems with minimal assistance.
• Modify existing machine configuration to improve performance. All work must adhere to all current local codes and generally accepted good maintenance practices.
• Independent and responsible performance of diversified maintenance and repair work requiring specialized training, experience, and skills.
• Perform advanced troubleshooting and repairs on a wide variety of electro/mechanical systems that include robotic machining centers, CNC lathes, grinders, lasers, high pressure/temperature presses.
• Operate and maintain key systems such as chiller, air compressor boilers and HVAC equipment.
• Troubleshoot control systems, which may involve hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, gas handling and acid distribution systems in a powdered metals/ceramics environment.
• Equipment downtime and root cause failure analysis.
• Perform and assist in the development and implementation of PM and Predictive Methodologies activities.
• Develop and implement maintenance practices for new equipment installation and start-up.
• Leverage equipment diagnostic system to monitor machine performance.
• Interface with the Oracle Computerized Maintenance system for work tracking and part procurement.
• Actively participate in Lean Manufacturing events and activities.
• Perform repairs to building and grounds such as painting, plumbing, flooring, doors and lighting.
Interviews for Maintenance Technician positions will be held at Orion’s Hiring Conference in Cincinnati, OH on April 23.
Location: Worthington, OH (Columbus, OH)
Travel Requirements: No
Shift Work: You will train on 1st Shift, but you must be open to working all shifts
Benefits: In addition to competitive salaries, challenging work assignments, and developmental opportunities, our client offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(K) with company match, paid vacations and holidays, and much more.
• Knowledge of mechanical maintenance practices in a heavy industrial environment.
• Working/cross-trained knowledge of electrical systems.
• Skill and knowledge in Hydraulic and Pneumatics.
• Skill and knowledge in Welding, Rigging and Fabrication.
• Skill and knowledge in Shop Machines and Tools.
• Skill and knowledge in Schematics and Print Reading.
• Skill and knowledge in Pumps, Piping and Combustion.
• Skill and knowledge in Lubricants and Mechanical Maintenance.