Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
As an Install Technician, you will install and repair Mission Critical infrastructure systems per designed plans, manufacturer specifications, and national and local codes to ensure the facilities are operational 24/7. Systems include, but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, fire alarm and suppression systems, access control, and building automation systems. In addition, an Install Technician will provide support to other resource groups for service needs (emergency on-call, electrical maintenance, load transfer test, etc). Some key responsibilities include:
• Diagnose causes of mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and repair mechanical components.
• Correctly size conduit and box fill, mechanical piping and duct work and wire for all applications.
• Install mechanical piping, duct systems, seismic bracing systems.
• Install panels and transformer and other service equipment.
• Perform pressure and leak checks on all types of piping systems.
• Perform soldering and brazing procedures.
• Read, understand and interpret basic wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings and blueprints.
• Respond to emergency service calls as required; be available as needed to accommodate the on-call rotation.
• Submit paperwork on a timely basis to the service desk so that accounts can be updated and billed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Communicate with clients/customers, inform them of equipment conditions and status of repairs.
• Partner with account managers to further build and develop the client relationship.
Location: Maryland Heights, MO (western suburb of St Louis)
Compensation: Target base salary ~$22/hr - $25/hr + ~10-15 hours of overtime weekly. You also receive a company service vehicle and tools. Realistic first-year W-2 of ~$50K-$60K.
Travel: Minimal overnights; you will work at customer sites daily, primarily in the greater St Louis area. You occasionally will be called upon to travel for projects outside of the area with seasonal spikes in the Summer.
Benefits: Our client is a small/mid-sized privately held company that treats its employees like family. They are interested in you not just from an employee standpoint but from a personal standpoint as well, and they want to ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance and are committed to your personal, professional and financial successes. They offer all full-time employees a competitive benefit package that includes health and welfare benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and PTO and paid holidays plus additional benefits.
Strong troubleshooting, maintenance and repair experience with mechanical systems such as generators, chillers, air-conditioners, heaters, dehumidification and plumbing equipment.