Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with an American company engaged in the design and manufacture of hydrogen fuel cell systems that replace conventional batteries in equipment and vehicles powered by electricity.
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Salary: Starting compensation is $21–$23/hr depending on location, experience, and qualifications plus OT. Depending on where in the pay rate you are hired, you can expect to see pay increases based on merit and performance.
Hours: You can expect about 50 hours per work in this role. Flexibility to support weekends and off shift hours as needed is expected.
Travel Requirements: You will be dispatched from home to work within your assigned territory (must reside within a 30-minute travel radius). For locations that are more remote, you can expect to travel via air/train along with overnight accommodation as needed.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) and stock options.
Career Progression: Career progression into other opportunities is based on performance and career goals.
As a Field Service Technician, you will support the company’s fuel cell products currently installed in electric lift trucks, including performing preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. You will be responsible for the installation and servicing of fuel cells at a specific location; and for reporting breakdown events, parts ordering and maintenance of fuel cells at a specific location. This position presents a great amount of exposure to customer personnel and electric lift truck operators, and thus requires a person with excellent technical skills as well as communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills. Each site has two-four technicians supporting operations. As a new hire, you can expect to work with the lead technician over the first 30-60 days focused on OJT and formalized training to support site installs and maintenance. Responsibilities will include:
• Maintenance and service of fuel cells at customer sites.
• Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, and evaluations to maintain the fleet at a specific location.
• Perform specialized service procedures, including field retrofits and software and hardware upgrades to existing fuel cells.
• Provide emergency support service to customers as required.
• Purchase tools, equipment, and parts for customer service and support as required.
• May require troubleshooting and maintenance of high-pressure hydrogen storage, delivery and fueling systems.
• May include maintaining ongoing communication with customer personnel hydrogen suppliers regarding aftermarket support of fuel cells.
• Provide regular feedback to regional service representatives regarding fuel cell performance and field maintenance issues.
• Complete administrative duties and documentation, including incident reports, service logs, inventory maintenance, and site and system documentation.
• Exhibit and enforce safety procedures in the field or customer sites.
• Travel as required for business needs; expected to drive safely and to adhere to all traffic laws.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least four or more years of direct experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting. Formal training and education may be also considered in lieu of direct experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis unassisted.
• Knowledge of lift truck operation and applications is a plus.
• General mechanical aptitude is required.
• Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position, including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Creativity in solving technical problems.
• Ability to work independently.
• Uncompromising dedication to quality.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Must provide your own standard set of tools (hand tools consisting of basic wrenches, sockets, ratchets, pliers, screw drivers, etc.) – specific fuel cell tools to be provided by the company.