Position ID: # EB-1935079126
Date Posted: 4/30/2021 1:41:13 PM
Location: High Springs, FL
Salary: $90,000 - $95,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Production Engineer.
Location: High Springs, FL
Reports To: Director, Operations
Salary: $90,000 to $95,000 base plus bonus
The Production Engineer acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel in the plant, applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems and enable safe and efficient production of quality products. The Production Engineer is expected to be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of teams to implement change effectively and sustain the gains.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with your actions and words on a daily basis.
• Serves as a subject matter expert and resource on the technical capability and capacity of the production plant.
• Understands the chemistry of the plant. Understands how the plant operates. Understands key Health, Safety and Environmental parameters including reactive chemical concerns and process safety requirements.
• Understands the customer specifications and expectations for the product.
• Establishes Key Performance Indicators for each of the plant operations under your responsibility. On a daily basis, monitors the KPIs, trends and the ultimate performance of the unit against the plant goals for personal safety, process safety, quality and productivity.
• Takes action to resolve gaps between performance and goals. Coaches plant personnel to effectively change behaviors when performance is not meeting expectations. Is capable of completing small improvement projects when required.
• Creates and updates documentation including learning resources and Standard Operating Procedures for the plant. Provides knowledge transfer to the operators and ensures it is being used.
• Develop and lead small to medium size, local capital projects to improve efficiency, reliability, safety, and product line expansion
• Coach and mentor Associate Production Engineers and Process Specialists
• Expected to be on call nights, weekends and holidays as required
• Expected to work extended hours as business needs dictate
• Successfully complete all assigned trainings and tasks
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s Degree, though it is not required, and at least 3 years’ experience in process, production, or project engineering. This is a technically demanding role that will require you to hit the ground running, so a being self-starter, proven leader, and quick learner are required.
All applicants must have:
• 3+ years’ experience in process, production, or project engineering
• Able to effectively work with teammates in Maintenance, R&D, Process Development, Engineering, Quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment)
• Experience establishing, tracking and driving gap closure with KPIs (Key Performance Metrics) or equivalent.
• Methodical data-based problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
• Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels