Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an HR Manager position.
Position Description: Regional Cybersecurity Manager
Our client is looking for a Regional Cybersecurity Manager who will support users at their transformation to a digital enterprise with their deep and wide expertise, substantive experience,keen insight and a passionate drive for all the elements within the Cybersecurity domain. In this role,you will explore every possibility when it comes to effective ways of deceiving, circumventing, and weakening IT systems so that they can protect them even more successfully. To this end, you will ask questions that have no answers yet and look for gaps where hardly anyone would suspect them. As an esteemed and respected member of the Global Cybersecurity team, you will service the North Americas but be aligned with and and active participant in the Cybersecurity Global Organization.
Governance / Compliance
• Implement Cybersecurity governance and guidance
• Ensure adequate awareness for Cybersecurity within the organization
• Provide regular Cybersecurity status and risk reports both to management and to the central team
• Define regional Security requirements and regulations corresponding to the Cybersecurity Framework and provide them to the business for enacting
• Regularly measure and re-assess the maturity level of Cybersecurity in the respective organization based on the pre-defined procedures (e.g. KPIs, PSS Maturity, CMMI…)
• Drive continuous improvement
• Check and improve the security level of internal applications and tools
• Support the design of security hardening concepts and its implementation
• Provide help on resolving Information Security vulnerabilities and incidents with the administrators / end-users, where necessary
Building and coordinating a regional Cybersecurity ecosystem
• Coordinating the security activities in the region and providing an overview, transparency and guidance to management and the global team on the active topics
• By working together with all the security experts of the area, identify, describe, quantify and evaluate risks and improvement opportunities, and giving recommendations how to manage these
• Collaborate in the creation of appropriate processes and structures to maintain and increase security into products, solutions and services
• Empower and advise Cybersecurity roles in the region
Business Support and Consultation
• External projects and to other Mobility departments on request
• Information Security Management Systems based on ISO 27001:2013
• Product Security Management Systems based on IEC62443 or other security certification pursued
• Security related initiatives and projects, evaluating requirements, providing guidance and input
• Cybersecurity questions and decisions, on request
• Driving Product & Solution Security (PSS) initiatives together with product experts, managers, project managers, R&D heads and manufacturing heads
• Adoption of best practice methodologies for design and delivery of security - inclusive of project classification, threat and risk analysis and technology to support vulnerability assessment. Help collate information and report to the PSS head
• Support the delivery of security skills training programs
Location: Sacramento, CA
Travel: National and international travel required up 40 %
Salary and Benefits: $150,000 Vehicle stipend/reimbursement, cell phone, & laptop. Our client offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 8- 10 years of experience of progressive responsibility as a cyber security professional in a large organization with a clear emphasis in manufacturing.
• Academic background in Information Systems, Technology or related field.
• Sound knowledge in the area of Cyber Security with a focus in Risk, Vulnerability and Incident Management and Reporting.
• Knowledge of industry standards and frameworks like ISO27001, IEC62443, NIST, ENISA, etc.
• Excellent up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge, experience in current attack methods, detection strategies and use cases, how to resolve vulnerabilities, and manage incidents is a plus. An equal education or research program would be also sufficient.
• Knowledge in the areas of project work and consulting.
• Ability to clearly present and communicate technical context to management.
• Professional level of English is required.