Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military career placement firm, is currently seeking upcoming college graduates or recent graduates with a military background for Account Executive positions in our Cincinnati office. This is an internal sales position that involves identifying and working closely with America’s leading companies, assisting them in hiring military veterans. Your job is to uncover companies that are hiring either now or in the future, or that need some consulting advice in developing smarter hiring programs. This position requires you to build relationships with these client companies by providing the Orion standard in customer service. Essential functions include:
• Identifying prospective clients through industry research, cold-calling, education / selling, follow-up communication, professional networking, on-site presentations, etc.
• Becoming knowledgeable of and selling Orion’s vast array of recruiting and placement services
• Negotiating client service contracts.
• Developing accounts and delivering superb customer service.
• Screening candidates and preparing them for interviews.
You must be persuasive, persistent, and honest throughout the entire sales process. Though you will be given some industry targets to call, you will be responsible for new business development within your territory and given a lot of autonomy in how you develop it. You will receive one week of intensive, interactive sales training at the Corporate HQ in Raleigh, NC within your first month of employment, and Orion will help in targeting certain industries, providing call lists, and making sure you have the professional skills to be successful in your career.
Salary: Orion is focused on offering “fair market value” salaries while developing its Sales employees in a competitive job market. We believe in fostering a true team environment and promoting both retention and personal (as well as professional) growth. Therefore, you will be paid on a competitive “base salary plus performance bonus” model during the first 5-6 months of employment in order to allow you to live comfortably while developing substantial business activity. At approximately the 6 month mark, you will transition to a “lower base salary plus commission” pay structure, with no realistic cap on earnings. You will not be put on 100% Commission with draw income at Orion, which is a standard compensation package with many other sales and recruiting firms.
Benefits: Orion offers an industry-standard, comprehensive benefits package to include medical / dental / vision insurance (HSA and PPO options); 401k; life insurance; ADD/STD/LTD; 2 weeks of vacation time; etc. Perhaps more importantly, however, are the “intangible” benefits:
• The opportunity to help other Veterans like yourself find new careers.
• Working in an organization that embraces the highest levels of moral fortitude and integrity.
• Being part of the ONLY team-structured recruiting firm of our kind.
• The most tenured candidate recruiting team in the military recruiting industry to support you.
• Ability to run your own daily schedule.
• “Business Casual” attire in the workplace (professional attire when interacting with clients and/or candidates).
• Great work-life balance (this is a FUN place to work, and you are surrounded by other military Veterans – so there is still a great sense of camaraderie in the office).
• KNOWING you are on the #1 team in this industry.
• Rewards / other incentive programs to foster competitive spirit and fun.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required (~15% - 20%). You will be expected to travel in support of 7 to 8 Regional Hiring Conferences per year and to client sites as required in support of business development and new sales initiatives, customer service, etc.
Shift Work: Standard 40-hr work week (~8a to 5p M-F)
Career Progression: Orion is an organization that values hard work, loyalty, and drive to succeed, and encourages entrepreneurial personal growth. If your desire and effort are there, you can grow professionally in several different directions. Top performing Account Executives are eligible for entrance into Orion’s Partner Mentorship Program at the 3-yr mark, after which opportunities can exist in Regional Sales Management, Strategic Account Management, New Business Development, etc.
Requirements: This job requires a military background, excellent presentation skills, high energy and drive, and a strong will to overcome any obstacle. This is a fast-paced industry and a demanding environment, so in order to be successful in this position you must have top-notch time management and organizational skills as well, and be able to multi-task effectively. You must be relentless in your efforts to break new accounts and develop business, and be fearless in cold-calling to personnel at all levels within an organization.