Position ID: # EB-6501211541
Date Posted: 11/30/2020 10:10:19 AM
Location: Bradenton, FL
Salary: $95,000 - $105,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Electrical Project Engineer
Position Description: Electrical Project Engineer
As the Electrical Project Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering project(s) of electrical systems and component development efforts as related to vehicle electrical systems, multiplexed system design, embedded control systems, hybrid electrical drive systems and advanced vehicle components. This position includes the supervision of engineers and designers. Perform high level engineering analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
Other responsibilities include:
• Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required.
• Research, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products.
• Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
• Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
• Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
• Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material.
• Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, quality assurance, research and historical records.
• Perform engineering analysis to support to the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
• Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
• Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication.
• Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented.
• Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives.
• Establishes priorities for work delegated to others.
• Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success.
• Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
• Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties.
The ideal fit for this role is a very successful military officer with a strong ability to influence and lead others while in the military and/or in a post-military capacity. You must have a bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering. The following list consists of desired skills/qualifications:
• Experience with a high-level cad system
• Possess a strong electrical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• PMP Certification
Location: Bradenton, FL (a very nice little city located between Tampa & Sarasota)
Salary: $95K – $105K base salary with a 10% annual bonus
Supervisory: This position requires direct leadership experience, you will be leading an Engineering Team
Relocation Assistance: Assistance will be provided.