Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer II positions with a company that is committed to advancing cancer diagnostics by providing integrated solutions for anatomic pathology and patients through best-in-class innovation, quality, and customer care.
Location: This is a work from home position. Must reside and live within a metropolitan area of NY/NJ/CT/NH/PA to travel to customer sites along the northeastern USA
Salary: Starting base of $70K+ depending on experience and qualifications plus ample opportunity for OT (guaranteed 40 hours) + annual bonus + company vehicle provided.
Travel Requirements: Primarily within the assigned metropolitan area. Flexibility to travel regionally or nationally as needed for training related purposes and to support business needs (expect up to 75%).
Benefits: With a young, dynamic, friendly, and open culture, there is much attention for the development of staff and opportunities to grow, even internationally. The benefits are great including an attractive bonus plan, company car, phone, and laptop.
As a Field Service Engineer II, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing automated instruments and systems used in the practice of histology, cytology, and hematology. You will conduct testing, evaluation, inspection, and training on Company products. Responsibilities will include:
Technical Repair Activities
• Repair company medical instruments to manufacturer's specifications. Before repair, decontaminate and clean biohazards from medical instruments. Perform electrical safety tests on instruments.
• Provide technical advice to Field Service Technicians, BMET's, and Customer/Product Support Department to troubleshoot and repair company instruments. The technical advice is related to electronic, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, chemical, refrigeration, and fluid hydraulics areas. This "Help Desk" guidance may be by phone, fax, computer, in writing or in person.
• Travel and perform field service repairs on company instruments to minimize customer downtime.
• Evaluate repair procedures and service manuals for future revisions.
• Perform quality inspection of medical instruments.
• Perform Training of Field Service Technicians, IRVs (Independent Repair Vendors), BMETs, SFA/SFE Service Technicians and Engineers, and other personnel as assigned by management, on how to: install, decontaminate, repair, and test company instruments. Training may be at off-site locations.
• Participate in the development and revising of Instrumentation Service Manuals.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
• Document service reports and technical advice to comply with FDA requirements.
• Compose Service Bulletins for distribution to IRV’s, Distributors, and other company entities.
• Coordinate product improvement and failures to Manufacturing and Product Development Departments.
• Conduct analysis of service failures from the field and compiles into comprehensive reports.
• Plan, coordinate, and prepare technical reports as required.
• Attend and participate in group meetings, task force groups, etc., as needed.
• Ensure standards for ISO 13485 certification are met.
• Recommend measures to improve instrument quality and performance.
• Ensure that all Service Department areas are in a safe, orderly, clean, and functional condition.
• Suggest improvement in departmental work processes and procedures.
• Attend technical meetings and seminars when requested by Manager.
• Maintain good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
• Additional course work in instrument component repair and testing a plus.
• Valid driver's license that meets company’s safe driver standards.
• 4-6 years of previous work experience in the repair of electro-mechanical and electronic devices.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 75% of time. Travel will include weekends or all 7 days. Travel notification may be less than 24 hours.
• Ability to work weekends and nights as customer requirements dictate.
• Ability to maintain good customer relationships is critical to this job. Ability to interact face-to-face with customer. Will have direct customer contact under stressful conditions
• Ability to troubleshoot, align, and repair: solenoids, valves, motors, belt drives, film pinch rollers, conveyors, catches, air pumps, vacuum and pressure pneumatic systems, heaters, circuit boards, etc.
• Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, diagram, and verbal forms.
• Ability to comply with FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Ability to analyze schematics. Ability to write service reports, trip reports, instructions, and technical write-ups.
• Ability to effectively explain technical information and answer questions from supervisors or managers.
• Ability to use a Personal Computer and software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
• Ability to use typical office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, calculators, etc.
• Ability to meet project deadlines and work within a budget.