Medical Device Sales Career Opportunity with Medtronic
Orion is currently recruiting for an outstanding career opportunity in Medical Device Sales, as a Sales Education Representative with Medtronic.
Medtronic is a global leader in medical technology- alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life for people with chronic conditions around the world. Each year, Medtronic therapies help more than 9 million people. Every 4 seconds, a person's life is saved or improved by a Medtronic product or therapy.
Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Medtronic is the world's largest medical technology company.
Spinal and Biologics is Medtronic's second-largest business. Medtronic's market leadership is largely a result of innovation: they're developing many of the new standards of care in spinal and musculoskeletal therapies. Medtronic collaborates with world-renowned surgeons, researchers, and innovative partners to offer state-of-the-art therapies for spinal, neurological, orthopedic, and oral maxillofacial conditions.
Medtronic Spine and Biologics has created a development program to train and educate future sales professionals. The primary objective of the program is to take talented professionals with minimal sales experience and, through an intensive immersion program, prepare them to become successful Sales Representatives. This program will provide you the necessary tools and training to succeed as a highly specialized sales person within the Medical Device Industry.
Want to learn more about this position from a veteran's point of view? Check out our profile of Brian Schulz, who found a career with Medtronic through Orion in 2007.
- This sales development program is approximately 9-12 months in duration; training will be held onsite, with offsite training held every 3rd week at home. The training program is broken down into different phases of growth and development.
- In the first Phase, you will learn foundational components of Spinal and Biologics Sales (including anatomy, pathology, procedures, compliance, and sales process), gain exposure to important business functions (including Marketing, Development, Customer Service, Operations, and Education), assist with sales and surgeon training labs, and provide other sales support.
- In the second Phase, application of acquired learning will be emphasized in the field. You will spend 3-4 days a week in the field working alongside district sales teams and designated field mentors - Spine Sales Representative - interacting with customers, while also learning and performing the day-to-day activities of the Spine Representative.
- At the end of the program and based on personal aptitude, procedural certification, proven proficiency, and territory availability, you will be given the opportunity to interview for a position in an open territory and promoted to a Spine Representative.
Salary and Benefits
- As a Sales Education Representative, you will earn a base salary of $80,000. Once you take over your own territory, you will still have a high base salary, plus commissions. (1st year W2 should be $110K +, 2nd year should be at or above $150K).
- Medtronic provides a competitive benefits plan that includes, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Pension Plan and 401 (k) Plan, Short-Term Disability, Discounted Stock Purchase Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.
- Top transitioning or recently transitioned Junior Military Officer
- Bachelors degree in technical, science, or engineering field is a plus, but high achievement profile and passion for the job is most important
- Passion for entering the highly competitive industry of Medical Device Sales
- Technical aptitude is important because you will be learning very complex procedures and pieces of equipment
- Top notch communication skills and be able to communicate and instruct effectively
- Strong work ethic and organization and prioritization skills
- Willingness to travel. In Phase I of the training program you will travel 50%, and in Phase II you will travel 90%. You will not be required to relocate throughout the training program, but will likely need to relocate when you get your first territory after completing the program.
- Upon completion of the program, Medtronic's available openings may vary by location nationwide, so you must be geographically flexible.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance policy.
- Available to start program in May of 2016.
Please APPLY NOW to be considered for this position.