Date Posted: 6/21/2022 4:08:58 PM
Location: Missoula, MT
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $120,000
The Accounting Manager oversees and manages various finance and accounting functions
This hands-on, people leader, plays a key role in supporting the accounting and finance department to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis to support day-to-day decision making, and to ensure that proper internal controls are in place to safeguard the Company’s assets and promote efficient and effective operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the Corporations accounting and reporting processes, including maintenance of the general ledger and the monthly close process including proper accounting for accruals, prepayments, capital expenditures, account reconciliations, etc. Coordinating with shared services to ensure accounts payable and payroll are processed and recorded accurately and timely.
· Directly supervise the accounting staff involved in performing the above activities as well as the billing process for the services
· Responsible for drafting and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports for management including analysis and discussion of actual results as compared to budget and forecast.
· Support the annual budgeting process and work collaboratively with department managers to assist them in understanding historical financial information and trends to more effectively develop budgets and forecast future operations.
· Provide accounting and financial reporting oversight over certain other legal operating and non-operating entities including interfacing with key departmental personnel as it relates to tax and treasury matters.
· Evaluate and make improvements to accounting processes to gain efficiencies and to ensure accuracy of data while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations.
· Provide project updates and understand project accounting, including committed costs and procurement standards. Communicate with departments and project managers on project status, budget variance and forecasts.
· Review contracts and identify financial and operational risks. Work closely with the legal team to ensure contractual commitments and the associated financial risks are fully understood.
· Coordinate with and provide support to internal and external auditors, as assigned.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders for appropriate cost estimating and forecasting.
· Simplify complex data through visualization to assist in key stakeholder understanding of data.
· Supervise, mentor and train accounting staff as assigned.
· Complete ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· In depth knowledge of GAAP and financial statement disclosure requirements.
· Experience preparing financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
· Ability to navigate complex organizations, quickly gain business insights and influence transparency.
· Careful attention to detail and the ability to organize and manage deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Problem solving expertise with a proven track record of identifying operational opportunities and executing action plans to close gaps in aligning finance maturity capabilities to business demand.
· Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite.
· JD Edwards experience is a plus.
· Possess strong collaboration, mentoring and team working skills.