Date Posted: 9/16/2022 6:08:58 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $120,000 - $120,000
Position: Senior Cost Accountant
Position Description: The Cost Accountant will perform advanced cost accounting analyses to compare estimated costs to actual costs and prepare a variety of related budget reports. This position has one (1) direct report.
Location: Houston, TX
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline is required.
• 3-5 years of cost accounting related experience in a manufacturing business environment required.
• Extensive excel working knowledge including pivot tables required.
• High level off - MS Office working knowledge. (VLOOKUP, IF Statements, PIVOT Tables etc.,)
• Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision and accustomed to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as accounting software.
• Thorough understanding of accounting procedures.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
• Ability to manage confidential information
• Coordinate the development of financial reports that provide financial information to support business decisions and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the monthly reporting package and be a backup for submitting the reporting package into the group reporting system.
• Perform monthly sales, costs of goods sold and gross margin reconciliation and provide analytical information to drive gross margin improvements.
• Perform detailed analysis of the factory and engineering result across product lines monthly including material variance and PPV analysis.
• Perform yearly analysis and make recommendation regarding labor rates, burden rates and material overhead rates.
• Responsible for weekly inventory reconciliation and provide analytics for different inventory categories to help drive inventory to lower levels.
• Perform inventory verification on an adhoc basis to verify accuracy of inventory and test internal controls.
• Responsible for the preparation and analysis of costs, compiling data, preparing and emitting statistical reports for the comparison of costs and determination of profitability by product and client.
• Prepare cost accounting records such as subcontracting, field service, sales costs, and research and development costs.
• Prepare estimates of new or proposed product costs.
• Document procedures, workflow, policies, and checklists for assigned responsiblities.
• Analyze data regarding revenue, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, inflation, interestrates,and exchange rates.
• Ensure adherence to internal procedures, policies, and regulatory guidance.
• Ensure all deadlines and schedules are met on time and in accordance with Management’s expectations
• Meet expectations and dept KPI’s
• Help drive the lean enterprise system in the finance processes.
• Follow EHS policies and procedures