As a Plant IT Specialist, you will report to the Tooling Center Plant Manager and assist both plants in IT matters. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and using of IAC Corporate policies for users of computers, networks and programs.
• Operating and performing minor maintenance of Office and Plant Floor PCs and related Application Programs.
• Operating, setting up and configuring Wireless Networks for Bar Code and Hand-Held Devices.
• Documenting of Shop Floor Information Technology applications and installations.
• Supporting of Office Applications related to MS Office, E-Mail, Projection Systems and Data Entry Systems.
• Supporting of Shop Floor Applications related to Machine and Process Control Software
• Participating in and supporting of Materials projects related to ERP and EDI Compliance.
• Participating in and supporting of Production-driven projects related to increased use of PCs on the floor.
• Helping Corporate IT to set up, train and support users in MS Office Applications, Ethernet and wireless-based Networking.
• Understanding and following IAC- and Industry-accepted best practices for application, installation, set-up, training and ongoing support to users of PC-based hardware, networking and software applications.
• Understanding the basic application, installation and support of wireless Bar-Coding programs, including links to various to-be-developed data bases for capturing and using Bar Coded information.
• Working closely with Materials, Manufacturing, Quality, Continual Improvement, Safety, Human Resources, Maintenance and Finance to link various applications to all functions as necessary.
• Helping to set-up, train, support and continuously improve the understanding, use and application of new IT-based programs to improve both hourly and salary productivity.
• Troubleshooting existing PC-based applications and providing necessary fixes and retraining, if necessary, to get at root causes of problems. Documenting PC applications with users for follow-up and support.
• Working with Production and Management on PC-Based systems to help identify, measure, and track metrics on a per Unit basis and Calendar (Year-To-Date) basis.
• Ensuring Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT requirements as well as ISPM Policies are adhered to.
• Keeping track of software licenses for applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server, and others, and procuring the necessary licenses when necessary.
• Monitoring the Help Desk Queue and taking ownership of tickets assigned in a timely manner and working to resolve as quickly as possible.
Location: Old Fort, NC
Salary: ~$60K, + 5% bonus potential on company and individual performance.
Shift: 1st Shift. Monday-Friday with other hours as needed for emergencies and special projects.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, and much more.
• Associate’s Degree or higher in an IT field or equivalent military training is preferred.
• Must have technical knowledge of Information Technology (IT) subjects, including basic understanding of PC Hardware, MS Office Applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook. Experience with LAN Infrastructure, Microsoft Servers, Printers, Copiers, Phone and Voicemail Systems, and server backup software are preferred.
• Must be able to work with shop floor, supervision and engineering personnel on PC-based IT needs to support existing or new processes.
• Must be able to understand basic Manufacturing Process Flow concepts for First-In and First-Out (FIFO), Quality Control of Processes, Forge and Machine Operations and Shop Floor Communications, and Just In Time Manufacturing processes.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all level of manufacturing organization, including hourly PC Users on the shop floor, supervisors, and management.