Don't miss this opportunity to interview candidates such as E.J.
Navy Electronics Technician with IT Industry Experience
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- MS Windows - Vista, XP, 7, 8, 10
- Active Directory
- Antivirus Solutions
- MAC OS X
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- RMM Software
- MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 365
- Printer Support
- MS Exchange 2013, 2016
- A/V Equipment
- IT Ticketing
- Break/Fix Hardware
System Technologist, Leader in Mission-Critical Communications Products | 2016 - Present
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results.
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues.
- Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems, which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair RF communication systems and equipment.
- Configure and replace over 100 routers for recent projects.
Family-Owned Medical Device Company | 2014 - 2016
Junior System Administrator / Desktop Support
- Diagnosed and resolved computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Installed, configured and troubleshot software, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications.
- Maintained system documents for all software used on company machines.
- Troubleshot, maintained and managed mobile devices (iOS, Android, and Windows OS).
- Ensured that desktop and laptop computer systems were properly installed, maintained, and documented.
- Worked with more than 300 internal and external customers to troubleshoot and fix hardware and software issues.
- Monitored, evaluated, and prioritized desktop support requests to ensure timely review of critical issues.
- Monitored compliance with company's computer use policy and followed appropriate protocols for managing non-compliance.
- Performed routine maintenance on desktop and laptop computers, printers, and related equipment.
- Created and deployed software images to support upgrading and onboarding efforts.
- Diagnosed and repaired various software and hardware problems in response to desktop support requests.
- Tracked hardware use and inventory of more than 400 technological assets.
- Worked closely with supervisors and peers to further develop IT skills and knowledge.
Sales Associate, Leading Consumer Electronics Retailer | 2013 - 2014
- Leveraged online resources, tools, and peer knowledge to self-train.
- Assisted customers with a range of technology-related needs and questions.
IT Intern, Global Technology and Supply Chain Service Provider | 2013
- Assisted with troubleshooting network problems and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Performed preventative network maintenance according to defined schedule.
- Updated various IT equipment.
Aviation Electronics Technician, United States Navy | 2008 - 2011
- Performed scheduled/unscheduled maintenance on communication systems.
- Repaired RADAR and electronic attack/countermeasures systems.
- Performed troubleshooting and assisted with repair of various electronic systems.
- Supervised setup and testing of electronic attack and communication systems.
- Documented work assignments using NALCOMIS (Naval Aviation Logistics Command Operating Maintenance Information System).
Safety Consultant / Contractor, Management Consulting Services Firm | 2004 - 2008
- Managed all aspects of the safety program onboard U.S. EPA research vessel.
- Performed database management and identified/resolved database issues.
- Assisted with facility and vessel safety inspections.
- Facilitated investigations and corrective actions according to standard operating policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Computer and Information Technology | 2013
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Bachelor of Science, Occupational Health Science | 2000
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN